Animator / Illustrator
Diagonal Media is currently seeking a passionate, Junior/Mid-Level Animator / Illustrator to join our rapidly expanding design and digital video team.
In this position, you will be tasked with creating exciting and visually engaging content across multiple platforms. This includes, but is not limited to, graphics for videos, print materials, social media, corporate presentations, and more. You will be responsible for following projects from concept to implementation.
- Excellent design and layout skills with a highly refined aesthetic and creative vision
- Maintain a creative vision for projects while following client style guides and remaining flexible to incorporate feedback and changes into work.
- Ideate new design templates for email, sales initiatives, social media templates, campaign launches, site banners and landing pages, etc.
- Create mockups to effectively communicate design ideas to teammates and clients
- Regularly connect with the Design Lead to ensure work is in-line with overall design concepts
- Assist design team with research, exploration, and ideation.
- Make proactive recommendations to streamline and improve creative processes and asset management.
- Research and stay informed of current design trends, techniques and best practices.
- Available and online from 10am – 5pm EST, Monday through Friday
- 3+ years work experience on a digital design team.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience in design or related field.
- Smart, enthusiastic, motivated team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Pays extreme attention to both detail and process.
- Exceptional communication skills in a fully remote environment
- Organized, resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to collaborate with others and contribute to the team
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a busy environment, and while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Portfolio showcasing unique, creative concepts and experience in graphic design
- Strong background in color, typography, iconography, branding, graphic design and layout.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Power Point, Keynote & Microsoft Office.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant visual arts program (visual communication, graphic design, web design/development, advertising or relevant work experience)
- Working knowledge of After Effects and motion graphic design
- Exceptional retouching and color-correcting photos
- Illustration skills
- Video editing skills
- Social Media Content Creation
- Experience with project management tools to navigate timelines with multiple collaborators.
- Fully remote
- Team virtual happy hours (improv, trivia, etc…)
Rate commensurate with experience.
If interested, please email your resume, a demo reel, and a note of interest to: Lillian@dgnl.co.