What is Final Cut Pro? And Why Do We Love It?
It is quite simply, the best editing software on the planet.
Diagonal Media’s origin story is tied to Final Cut Pro (more on that later), and our team has a real love for its accessibility and functionality. The ‘best editing software’ conversation can be polarizing. But the truth is the tool you’re using doesn’t matter as much as the creative mind using it.
That being said, Final Cut Pro is our tool of choice for a whole host of reasons.
What makes Final Cut Pro the best editing software?
- Fastest tool for organizing and finding media – keywords, tags, and smart collections make sorting and finding the perfect clip fast and easy.
- Faster rendering – it’s built for the Mac. If you aren’t on a Mac, what are you doing?
- Streamlined editing – the functionality of the magnetic timeline simplifies and reduces the action steps needed to adjust edits.
- Easy to learn – FCP reduces the barrier to entry for creatives. We hire people for their creativity and always provide our team with the tools they need to do the job.
- Troubleshooting issues is extremely easy – it’s a straightforward software to begin with, but also because of the sheer number of Final Cut Pro users. There are many Final Cut Pro groups on Facebook, one in particular has over 35,000 members and is incredibly supportive.
- We want to be creatives, not technicians – We find FCP enables us to spend more time being creative and exploring ideas instead of pressing buttons!
That last point, brings us back to our origin story, our CEO and Founder Blake met Garrett our Partner and COO, on a Final Cut Pro Facebook group. He brought Garrett on as an editor and 7 years and 20 full time teammates later the rest is history.
Here’s an animated film we made about the joy of using Final Cut Pro if you want a quick visual rundown!
Listen, we work with other software as well. We use Premiere, Pro Tools, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve to name a few. There are certain cases for using other software – collaborating with other teams or using specific features. We’re open to all of that, however, Final Cut Pro is a must for us, because it’s fast, efficient, and facilitates greater creativity.
Where are you in your editing journey? Are you looking for the right tools or looking for the right team to help you bring your vision to life?
Keep in touch and let us know how we can help.